First on this week’s Poodle Radio is a talk about this year’s Best Of issue, which reveals Santa Barbara’s local preferences in everything from burgers coffee shops to wedding spots. Colin Marshall is joined by D.J. Palladino, longtime Indy writer and for eight years the voice of the Best of, Robby Robbins, the Indy’s multimedia sales manager and a key figure in getting the votes counted, and Gena Downey, Director of Public Relations at the Four Seasons Biltmore, one of the Best Of’s “winningest” (as D.J. puts it) contestants.
Then, it’s another Poodle Radio field trip, this time to Warbler Records and Gods, the music shop newly opened at 131 East De la Guerra. Colin gets the full tour of the store from owners Kurt Legler and Leigh van der Werff, recent transplants from Portland who have assembled a large collection of vinyl albums and other objects of interest to sell here in Santa Barbara.
Poodle Radio #42
First on this week’s Poodle Radio is a talk about this year’s Best Of issue, which reveals Santa Barbara’s local preferences in everything from burgers coffee shops to wedding spots.
Of course, the show also includes music, or organized by pop culture editor Aly Comingore, from the likes of Dante Elephante and Breathe Owl Breathe.You can tune into Poodle Radio live every Tuesday morning from 8-9 a.m. on KCSB, 91.9 FM in Santa Barbara or on KCSB’s webcast at KCSB.org.
More like this story
- Poodle Radio on Tequila Tips and the Bowl’s Birthday
- Poodle Radio on Building the Solstice Parade and New S.B.-Connected Cinema
- Poodle Radio’s First Listen to the KCSB Cover Story and Second Visit From Starshine
- Poodle Radio, Goleta Edition: New Music and Threatened Redevelopment
- Poodle Radio on Cottage Hospital Security Problems and Santa Barbara’s Greatest Internet Memester
Questions, comments or suggestions to do with Poodle Radio? Don't hesitate to send them to email@example.com.