Arroyo Burro Nature Connection Walk
Website: View Website
**Events may have been canceled or postponed. Please contact the venue to confirm the event.
Date & Time
Sun, May 21 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM
599 Alan Road Santa Barbara, CA 93105
Arroyo Burro Open Space
Mindful walk through Arroyo Burro Open Space. Led by a certified forest bathing guide. No outdoor experience is needed! Limited to a small group of adults; advance registration is required. Learn more and register here!
What is a nature connection walk?
Join us for a mindful-yet-playful walk in one of Santa Barbara’s newer open-space parks, Arroyo Burro Open Space. Nature connection walks are a small-group experience inspired by the Japanese practice of shinrin yoku, which translates to “forest bathing” and is associated with health and well-being. (No actual bathing involved!)
What can I expect on this walk?
Unlike a hike or a naturalist walk, we’ll give our bodies and brains a break by simply using our senses to experience nature.
- About the practice: After introductions, you’ll learn more about the origins of nature connection and its physical and mental health benefits
- Experience nature using our senses: I’ll offer a variety of invitations for you to slow down, tap into your senses, and experience this beautiful place
- Moments of sharing and listening: We’ll have moments where we’ll come together and are invited (but never required) to share what we’re noticing
- Tea and a snack: We’ll close with tea and a light snack, as well as have the opportunity to chat as a community
- Welcoming space: I’m a firm believer that everyone belongs in nature; I create a welcoming space for people from all walks of life
Who should attend?
- Anyone who wants to meet new people and connect with nature in a new way
- No outdoor experience is required!
- This walk is intended for adults
- Come solo or bring a friend
- Please leave your dog at home for this experience
What else should I know about accessibility?
- The elevation is flat; the ground is unevenly packed with dirt and bark
- ~1-2 miles of walking, plus periods of standing
- You may be invited to sit on a rock, log, or on the ground if you wish
- There are no restrooms within the park
- There is on-street parking in the neighborhood
- Cycling is possible, but there are no dedicated bike racks
- 20-minute walk from Cliff & Alan bus stop (#5 or #14 bus)
Who is guiding this walk?
- Tamara Murray is the founder of Santa Barbara Nature Connection Walks and a firm believer that, in nature, everyone belongs
- Tamara is certified as a guide by the Association of Nature and Forest Therapy
- Tamara holds an active Wilderness First Aid + CPR certification