In-Person: 200 Hour Teacher Training with Yoga Soup
**Events may have been canceled or postponed. Please contact the venue to confirm the event.
Date & Time
Tue, Jan 18 All day
28 Parker Way, Santa Barbara, CA 93101
WHAT IS IT?
Our Yoga Alliance-accredited hybrid training is a rich study of yoga philosophy and practice, in an online and in-person format.
You will learn:
- The fundamentals of leading an in-depth and balanced yoga practice.
- How to instruct and offer basic hands-on and hands-off adjustments.
- Subtle nuances of sequencing movements, music, talking points, and poses.
- Input from a traditional and eclectic variety of veteran teachers offering their insight, wisdom, and experience.
- The difference between a self-centered class and a class centered on Self.
- Basic anatomy: How the body functions best, what roadblocks it confronts, and a variety of tools to meet these roadblocks.
- Introduction to Yoga philosophy and psychology in its “original” form and via its many interpretations over the millennia.
- An exploration of how Yoga practice applies to life and current social justice issues.
- Time to practice teaching, develop a sequence, and cultivate your voice.
WHO IS IT FOR?
Begin your journey towards becoming a certified yoga teacher– and/or deepen your understanding of yoga– through philosophy, history, self-discovery, and practice. Over the course of many weeks, live sessions with our team of experienced teachers will allow you to learn and grow in a supportive, dynamic environment.
Learn to tend to your thoughts, physical body, and subtle body in new ways while simultaneously building and connecting with the community.
Our training prepares you to teach a well-rounded and safe yoga class rooted in practice, study, and personal experience.
“I found the content accessible, deep, clear and I feel like I’ve learned and grown significantly both as a yoga teacher and as a human being.” R. L.
“(This training) was a rich mix of practice and lecture, which included a tremendous assortment of both physical and energetic yoga…business, and a lot of fun.” S. C.
Thirteen weeks provides time to unpack both the foundations and more subtle aspects of the practice.
JANUARY 18 – JUNE 12, 2022
We will meet every other week:
Sat & Sun 7-10am & 12:30-4:30pm
Click here for a look at our more detailed 200-hour course timeline.
Early Bird Tuition is $2,300. After November 15 the price will be $2,800. Payment plans are available. Please contact Luca for more information or to inquire about our scholarships.
A completed application and a $500 deposit will secure your spot in the program.