Self-Care Beyond Bubble Baths
**Events may have been canceled or postponed. Please contact the venue to confirm the event.
Date & Time
Mon, Jun 06 5:30 PM - 6:30 PM
Mon, Jun 13 5:30 PM - 6:30 PM
Mon, Jun 20 5:30 PM - 6:30 PM
Mon, Jun 27 5:30 PM - 6:30 PM
Mon, Jul 04 5:30 PM - 6:30 PM
Mon, Jul 11 5:30 PM - 6:30 PM
Mon, Jul 18 5:30 PM - 6:30 PM
Mon, Jul 25 5:30 PM - 6:30 PM
111 E. Arrellaga Street, Santa Barbara, CA 93101
Support Group: “Self-Care Beyond Bubble Baths ~
A Mindful Approach to Emotional Eating and Weight Management”
Bubble baths and chocolate cake are wonderful treats, however, true self-care means: “Creating a life we don’t need to escape from.” If you are ready to let go of restrictive dieting and want to learn how to have a healthy and relaxed relationship with food and your body, this self-care group is for you!
Participants will be:
- introduced to new healthy life-enhancing rituals, which will replace the ritual of comfort eating during stressful times.
- encouraged to take charge of their physical and emotional wellbeing, and to replace comfort eating with calming and nurturing rituals.
- guided to practice mindful self-compassion exercises, and invited to journal about what to let go of and what to bring into their lives.
- empowered to discover what their “heart is hungry for”and to design small action steps, which can easily be implemented into their daily routine.
- gaining a deeper understanding about cognitive-behavioral strategies and mindfulness practices.
- sharing their story with like-minded participants, who are ready to shift to a higher level of awareness and self-care, and to fill their inner self-love reservoir.
- assured that this will be a “safe space” for connecting and sharing.
Maximum number of participants: 8 (closed group)
Facilitator Bio: Petra is the founder of the Mindful Eating Institute in Santa Barbara. She is a mindful eating and emotional self-care expert with a master’s degree in clinical psychology and over two decades in counseling and health promotion experience. Her passion is to help her clients be at peace with food and their body, and to practice good emotional self care. Petra!s specialty areas are weight management, emotional eating and emotional self-care, and in her work she combines cognitive-behavioral therapy with mindfulness strategies. She has given talks for the American Heart Association on the topic of “stress and eating” and also shared her wisdom and expertise in her role as self-care specialist at the Golden Door Resort & Spa and the California Health & Longevity Institute.
Petra has a great passion for assisting others in living an authentic life, speaking their truth from the heart and standing in their own light. Her prescription for wellness is: “To love yourself deeply, to honor your boundaries, to speak your truth and to be YOU, unapologetically.”