Virtual Event: Affordable Electric Vehicle Clinic
Website: View Website
**Events may have been canceled or postponed. Please contact the venue to confirm the event.
Date & Time
Tue, Mar 23 12:00 PM - 1:15 PM
Affordable Electric Vehicle Clinic: How to Qualify for a Free or Low-Cost EV (IN ENGLISH & SPANISH)
Tuesday, March 23, 2021
12:00 p.m. – 1:15 p.m.
Join the Community Environmental (CEC) for a webinar with CEC’s Energy and Climate Programs Director Michael Chiacos and CEC’s Energy and Climate Associate Jen Hernández – both EV owners and industry experts – to learn which 100+ mpg electric vehicle or plug-in hybrid might be best for you. Michael will share his experience driving on sunshine since 2012. Jen, who recently leased an EV for $20/month, will share why the decision to drive electric was an easy choice for her family.
We will discuss:
- Pure electric vehicles vs. plug-in hybrids and some of the 40+ EVs currently available.
- Financial considerations of incentives and leasing versus buying a new or used vehicle.
- Charging basics, range considerations, and long trips in an EV.
- How to pair home solar with your EV for maximum savings.
- How to stack incentives and purchase a new EV for the price of a Toyota Corolla, lease one for free or very low cost, or buy a used EV for as little as $5,000.
- How to save $50,000 on gas with an investment of $6,000 on solar panels.
Find out today if you qualify for incentive programs at www.electricdrive805.org/drivers
Together, we can move the Central Coast region away from fossil fuels in one generation and rapidly achieve Carbon Zero.
This free webinar will be offered in English with Spanish translation. Registration is required. Unable to attend at this time? Please register and we will send the presentation and recording to you. Visit https://www.cecsb.org/event/affordable-ev/ for additional information.
- Michael Chiacos – Energy & Climate Program Director, Consejo Comunitario del Medio Ambiente
- Jen Hernández – Energy and Climate Associate, Consejo Comunitario del Medio Ambiente
Partners: Ecology Action, Regeneracíon, Green Power
Sponsors: Electrify America, Access Clean California
A 2020 California Nonprofit of the Year and 2020 City of Santa Barbara Climate Hero, CEC advances rapid and equitable solutions to the climate crisis. See our impact report to learn how we are serving California’s Central Coast and why we are one of only five organizations in Santa Barbara County to receive the highest possible marks on Charity Navigator and Guidestar.