Workshop: “Self-Care Beyond Bubble Baths”
**Events may have been canceled or postponed. Please contact the venue to confirm the event.
Date & Time
Sun, Oct 17 9:30 AM - 2:30 PM
32 East Micheltorena Street
S. B. Yoga Center
Are you tired of dieting and restrictive calorie counting? If you are ready to learn how to have a healthy and relaxed relationship with food and your body, this workshop is for you.
Participants will be:
- introduced to new healthy life-enhancing rituals, which will replace the ritual of comfort eating during stressful times.
- encouraged to take charge of their physical and emotional wellbeing, and to replace comfort eating with calming and nurturing rituals.
- guided to practice mindful self-compassion exercises.
- invited to journal about what to let go of and what to bring into their lives.
- empowered to discover their “true path” and to design small action steps, which can easily be implemented into their daily routine.
- gain a deeper understanding about cognitive-behavioral strategies and mindfulness practices.
- sharing their story with like-minded students, who are ready to shift to a higher level of awareness and greater self-care, and to fill their inner self-love reservoir.
- assured that this will be a “safe space” for connecting and sharing.
Facilitator Bio: Petra is the founder of the Mindful Eating Institute in Santa Barbara. She is a mindful eating and self-care expert with master’s degree in psychology and over two decades in counseling and health promotion experience. Her passion is to help her clients be at peace with food and their body, and to practice good emotional self care. Since 1988 she has been practicing as a counselor and health educator, assisting thousands of clients in making positive lifestyle changes.
She taught weight loss classes for over four years at a Santa Barbara clinic and has given presentations at Cottage Hospital’s Psychiatric Grand Rounds. As a lifestyle consultant, she developed and taught a Work/Life Balance workshop at the prestigious California Health & Longevity Institute and consulted as a health educator at a well-respected Santa Barbara health center. Petra’s specialty areas are weight management, emotional eating and self-care, and in her work she combines cognitive-behavioral therapy with mindfulness strategies. She has given talks for the American Heart Association on the topic of ‘stress and eating’ and also shared her wisdom and expertise in her role as self-care specialist at the luxurious Golden Door Resort & Spa.