WEATHER »

Gang Injunction Targets Speak Out, Part 2

Claim They Were Unfairly Named


Taped interviews recently filmed and released by Youth CineMedia — a nonprofit that works with at-risk youth by getting them off the streets and into the production room — depict individuals who say they were wrongfully named in the city’s gang injunction announced last week. The injunction seeks to limit the movement and activity of 30 men and women who law enforcement feels are at the root of Santa Barbara’s gang activity.

While The Independent has not been able to verify claims made in Youth CineMedia’s tapings, we nevertheless feel the footage warrants attention. Below you’ll find one of the interviews as well as a copy of the injunction itself.

To submit a comment on this article, email letters@independent.com or visit our Facebook page. To submit information to a reporter, email tips@independent.com.



event calendar sponsored by:

Home on San Andres Catches Fire

Sunday night blaze extinguished quickly.

Santa Barbara to Protest Narrower Gender Definition

The rally takes place Tuesday afternoon at State and Anapamu's "speaker's corner."

Body Discovered on Isla Vista Beach

No obvious signs of foul play, authorities said.

Das Won’t Run for State Senate if Monique Does

"I’ve encouraged Monique to do it,” he said.

The $120,000 Campaign for Montecito’s Water Future

Wealthy donors bankroll a five-member slate for the community's water and sanitary boards.