Free Online Panel – Education After COVID-19
**Events may have been canceled or postponed. Please contact the venue to confirm the event.
Date & Time
Thu, May 28 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM
Free Online Ojai Chautauqua Panel: What is the Future of Education After COVID-19?
Thursday, May 28, 2020 – 6:00-7:30PM PDT
These are unprecedented times and it’s unclear whether the worst is behind us. A vast majority of schools, at every educational level, have ceased on-site programs for the remainder of the school year. Many schools are also hesitant to set any definite plans for fall 2020, with so much still uncertain. In the mean time, most public and private institutions have moved to online learning and alternative approaches, with varying levels of success.
- What is the best thinking in online learning, and where are schools finding success?
- How are institutions looking at structural change in order to stay viable and effective?
- How are leaders thinking about the future intersection of K-12 and higher education?
- How will fields that have in-person practicum requirements fulfill their training?
- What are schools that rely on international students planning to do next school year?
- Will job training reorient to high-demand fields on a national scale?
In the spirit of civil discourse and objective inquiry, the Ojai Chautauqua will present a free, moderated 1.5 hour online panel presentation with a group of leaders from K-12 public and private organizations, a regional university, and a K-12 religious home school. During the discussion there will also be ample opportunity for audience members to write in questions for the panelists to address. We invite you to join us for this critical conversation as we look at options for the future of education.
Erika Beck – President of CSU Channel Islands
Jodi Grass – Head of Oak Grove School
Paul Lazenby – Director of Mother of Divine Grace School
Tiffany Morse – Superintendent of Ojai Unified School District
Tom Krause, Board President of the Agora Foundation
6:00 – 7:30PM PDT
Online. Click here.