Integrative & Innovative Strategies for Helping Kids Overcome Anxiety
**Events may have been canceled or postponed. Please contact the venue to confirm the event.
Date & Time
Sat, Sep 07 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
227 E Arrellaga St.
Unity of Santa Barbara
There has been a recent and dramatic increase in the number of children who suffer from various forms of anxiety. This course is designed for clinicians and mental health professionals wanting to learn and apply innovative and effective tools to help families with kids who suffer primarily from fears, phobias and PTSD.
Through a slide presentation, hands-on activities, demonstrations and numerous examples from videotaped sessions, the course will uncover the variety of factors that can contribute to anxiety. Moving beyond fundamentals of CBT, the group will focus on how to integrate and custom-tailor treatment methods, drawing form a variety of theoretical models. In a final segment of the workshop, Debra Manchester will routine strategies related to treatment of teens.
Upon completion of this course, the participants will be able to:
1. Assess the many factors that can contribute to childhood anxiety.
2. Name findings from brain research that apply to treatment.
3. Integrate concepts from play therapy, psychodrama, cognitive behavioral therapy, psychodynamic, and
4. Describe effective forms of desensitization for children.
5. Name methods of teaching families how to lower negative emotionality.
6. Learn appropriate applications for prescriptions of songs and physical exercise