Self-Care Beyond Bubble Baths
**Events may have been canceled or postponed. Please contact the venue to confirm the event.
Date & Time
Sat, Jan 23 9:30 AM - 3:30 PM
111 E. Arrellaga Street, Santa Barbara
Family Therapy Institute
Is it time to shed pandemic weight, both physically and emotionally?
If you are tired of comfort eating and need a fresh start, this workshop is for you!
Participants will be:
- introduced to new healthy life-enhancing rituals, which will replace the ritual of comfort eating during stressful times.
- encouraged to take charge of their wellbeing and to replace comfort eating with calming and comforting rituals.
- guided to practice mindful self-compassion exercises.
- invited to journal about what to let go of and what to bring into this new year.
- empowered to discover their “true path” and to design small action steps, which can easily be implemented into their daily routine.
- gain a deeper understanding about cognitive-behavioral strategies and mindfulness practices.
- sharing their story with like-minded souls, who are ready to shift to a higher level of awareness and greater self-care, and to fill their inner self-love reservoir.
- assured that this will be a “safe space” for connecting and sharing.
Petra Beumer, M.A. Psychology. Owner of the Mindful Eating Institute of Santa Barbara. Petra has over two decades of counseling and health education experience. She has a great passion for assisting others in living an authentic life, speaking their truth from the heart and standing in their own light. Her prescription for wellness is: “To love yourself deeply, to honor your boundaries, to speak your truth and to be YOU, unapologetically.”
* COVID-19 Safety Protocols: We will be wearing clear face shields and practice social distancing. Workshop is limited to 10 participants.