Below is a status update as of January 28, 2021.
- Cottage Health is caring for a total of 305 patients across all campuses.
- At Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital:
197 are acute care patients; 27 acute care beds remain available.
- Of the 197 acute care patients, 22 patients are on ventilators.
89 ventilators remain available (adult, pediatric and neonatal ventilators).
- Of the 197 acute care patients, 81 are in isolation with COVID-19 symptoms;
74 are confirmed COVID-19 positive.
- Of the 81 patients in isolation, 21 are in critical care.
- SBCH adult critical care available capacity: 20.0%
- From Jan 11-17
5,335 COVID-19 laboratory tests were collected by Cottage Health.
Results: 770 positive, 4,565
- From Jan 18-24
5,168 COVID-19 laboratory tests were collected by Cottage Health.
Results: 594 positive, 4,440 negative, 134 pending
COVID-19 Video Update from Dr. Lynn Fitzgibbons
Lynn N. Fitzgibbons, MD, infectious disease specialist, provides a fifth COVID-19 Community Update with topics including virus variants, vaccine and the return to California’s Purple Tier.