Comments

April 23, 8:23 PM

retprotector on "Dies Family Sues U.S. Government, Capps, Morua " I'm kinda getting sick of hearing about this case....... Read More.

April 23, 8:12 PM

m2457 on "Dies Family Sues U.S. Government, Capps, Morua " Thank you Indyholio, finally a little common sense spoken. Like I said above, this is just a very sad story and I am not a Capps supporter, but the blame ... Read More.

April 23, 8:11 PM

Botany on "Whose Gaviota Is It?" Of course, they will say it was "stolen" by these people. But what they haven't said is what makes this property different than any other property in the county. What ... Read More.

April 23, 7:45 PM

Ken_Volok on "Dies Family Sues U.S. Government, Capps, Morua " Sounds like extortion to me Indyholio. Read More.

April 23, 7:17 PM

Indyholio on "Dies Family Sues U.S. Government, Capps, Morua " Some of these comments are pretty ridiculous. In CA, an employer is NOT PERMITTED to discriminate against a potential employee for prior offenses that are not work-related. In other words, ... Read More.

April 23, 7:08 PM

realitycheck88 on "Whose Gaviota Is It?" Thankfully we live in the United States of America and good news: we have private property rights and this crazy thing called "the rule of law", not "the rule of ... Read More.

April 23, 7:04 PM

realitycheck88 on "Sign Now to Ban Fracking" Shameful. You should be ashamed of yourself. Fracking has not been shown to cause any harm. - All fracking water use in SB county = same as watering one golf ... Read More.

April 23, 6:54 PM

realitycheck88 on "Immigration Uncertainties" Why do we need to create a path to citizenship for people who are here illegally, breaking the law daily? Why not let then continue with non-resident, non-citizen status until ... Read More.

April 23, 6:18 PM

Tigershark on "Out of Control" Loon, The Bundy family may not have been there 130 years. http://www.8newsnow.com/story/2530155... He either owes taxes or rent on that property. He seems to think he should pay neither. Read More.

April 23, 6:17 PM

Burkey on "Navy Closes San Miguel Island to Look for Old Bombs" This comment thread is the funniest thing I've seen all day. Read More.

April 23, 5:36 PM

loonpt on " Abalone Poacher Faces Stiff Sentence" locke, do you know if there are any legal restrictions on farming and selling abalone? I would love to take your advice, but I don't have the 2.8 billion years ... Read More.

April 23, 5:26 PM

loonpt on "Out of Control" Ken, I'll bet the desert tortoise doesn't really give a crap about cows in fact if they knew better they would be praying for the cows to stay and help ... Read More.

April 23, 5:19 PM

Ken_Volok on "Freeway Closed at Castillo Due to Triple-Fatality DUI Crash" I vote for #1, we already have enough bureaucracy without individually testing everybody's DUI skills. Read More.

April 23, 5:13 PM

loonpt on "Freeway Closed at Castillo Due to Triple-Fatality DUI Crash" (cont..) Now you can look at this situation two ways: 1) Taking all drunk drivers off the road increases the average safety for all those on the road. 2) Taking ... Read More.

April 23, 5:07 PM

loonpt on "Freeway Closed at Castillo Due to Triple-Fatality DUI Crash" Let's break this down a little bit and put an arbitrary number scale on driving ability to help demonstrate some philosophical concepts surrounding drunk driving and balancing our personal freedoms ... Read More.

April 23, 4:56 PM

Validated on " Abalone Poacher Faces Stiff Sentence" OMG!! One of those abalone could have found the cure for cancer... LOL. Who cares? Read More.

April 23, 4:43 PM

Ken_Volok on " Abalone Poacher Faces Stiff Sentence" Maybe you can charge tourists to slaughter the herd for you, and graze them on De La Guerra Square. Read More.

April 23, 4:41 PM

Herschel_Greenspan on "Out of Control" Loon you are all about property rights. The US owns that land and was renting the grazing rights. Bundy did not pay so he should have his free loading ass ... Read More.

April 23, 4:28 PM

sbresident2 on " Abalone Poacher Faces Stiff Sentence" That very well may be the most expensive four abalone ever. Read More.

April 23, 4:13 PM

locke on " Abalone Poacher Faces Stiff Sentence" loonypt, there is a difference between livestock and wildlife. Keep us posted about your plans for abalone and elephant farms here in SB. Read More.

April 23, 4:08 PM

Ken_Volok on "Out of Control" I bet the desert tortoise doesn't think it's a "stupid thing." Read More.

April 23, 4:01 PM

azuresees on " Abalone Poacher Faces Stiff Sentence" "a lifetime suspension of his recreational and commercial fishing permits.." Pretty stiff, I agree. I just wish the courts would do the same to DUI offenders...Take away their "privilege" to ... Read More.

April 23, 4:00 PM

loonpt on "Out of Control" Tigershark, You are a squatter in your own house because you have not paid your $12,700 in fees to me that I have just arbitrarily decided to charge you. That ... Read More.

April 23, 3:52 PM

rebuttal on "Whose Gaviota Is It?" Botany, I’m merely pointing out that Mr. Smallwood is discussing a very specific piece of property with important historic considerations, which he has been investigating. You are trying to take ... Read More.

April 23, 3:46 PM

loonpt on "Out of Control" Ken I've spent countless hours attempting to educate people on the right about the good intentions and valid concerns of the occupy movement just as I've spent countless hours attempting ... Read More.

Jennifer Koh, Violin, Part III

Intrepid violinist Jennifer Koh’s adventurous exploration of Bach’s influence on ... Read More