- 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Foodbank of S.B. County, 4554 Hollister Ave.
- 9 a.m., 316-A State St. ($20)
- 10 a.m. to 10:50 a.m., Sino West, 5718 Hollister Ave., ste. 105, Goleta
- 10 a.m. to 11 a.m., S.B. Recreation Center, 100 W Carillo St. (Free)
- 11 a.m. to noon, Sino West, 5718 Hollister Ave., ste. 105, Goleta
- 12:15 p.m. to 1:30 a.m., Sol Fit & Health, 225 E. Cota St.
- 3 p.m. to 6:30 p.m., State St., between Ortega and Haley Sts.
- 3 p.m. to 4 p.m., State and Cota sts.
- 3 p.m. to 5 p.m., Ojai Youth Entertainers Studio, 316 E. Matilija St., Ojai
- 5:30 p.m. to 6:45 p.m., Las Positas Tennis Courts, 1002 Las Positas Rd. ($58 - $65)
- 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m., Sansum Clinic (1st floor conference room), 317 W. Pueblo St.
- 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m., Solvang Alano Club, 320 Alisal Rd., Solvang (Free)
- 6 p.m. to 7 p.m., 30 W Mission St #7 (Free)
- 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., Call for location. (Free)
- 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., Call for location. (Free)
- 7 p.m., First Presbyterian Church (downstairs), 21 E. Constance Ave. (Free)
Tuesday, November 13, 2012
Refresher class for participants who have taken the 8-hour class in the last 3 or 4 years. Must preregister.
9 a.m. to 1 p.m., YMCA ($12 - $14)
Open enrollment has begun for the program.
10 a.m. to noon, Sansum Clinic (3rd floor conference room) (Free)
Three-day course will teach volunteers to help others improve basic skills.
10 a.m. to 1 p.m., S.B. Central Library (Free)
S.B. County public school junior high students learn about healthy eating, food systems, organic farming, and more while fulfilling California Science Standards.
3 p.m. to 5 p.m., Fairview Gardens (Free)
S.B. Children’s Theater performs a new interpretation of a classic fairy tale created to educate, challenge, and inspire young people.
3:30 p.m., Multiple S.B. County Public Library locations (Free)
Film follows two linguists as they travel the world to collect recording of some of the last speakers of three moribund (dying) languages: Chulym in Siberia; Sora in Orissa, India; and Kallawaya in Bolivia.
4 p.m. to 6 p.m., Antioch University (Free)
Prospective students and their parents can learn about this small private school.
5 p.m., Anacapa School (Free)
L.A.-based artist Ramiro Gomez Jr. will discuss the use of unconventional materials and social media for protests in creative, subtle ways to incite conversations rather than riots.
6:30 p.m., MultiCultural Ctr. (Free)
Learn some tips for on-camera presentations, speaking, and presenting yourself well in front of the camera.
6:30 p.m., TV S.B., 329 S. Salinas St. ($50 - $75)
An opportunity for pregnant couples, parents of young children and professionals to interact and be supported by some of the top facilitators of the BEBA approach.
7 p.m., 226 Canon Perdido Suite K ($5 - $20)
Animal experts present a lecture titled Zoobiquity: How Jaguar Breast Cancer, Dolphin Diabetes, and Flamingo Heart Attacks Will Transform Human Medicine, and sign copies of their book.
8 p.m. to 10 p.m., UCSB Campbell Hall ($10 - $15)
Play by Richard Nelson tells the plot to assassinate Julius Caesar.
8 p.m., Center Stage Theater ($18 - $22)
UCSB Department of Theater and Dance presents a poignant portrait of early 20th century female factory workers in Melanie Marnich's drama.
8 p.m., UCSB Performing Arts Center ($13 - $17)
Former domestic policy adviser to President Bill Clinton will discuss the importance of a two-state solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, and its implications for the broader Middle East. Followed by a discussion with community leaders.
8 p.m., Lobero Theatre (Free)
Presented by Right Side Up Poets.
8 p.m., SOhO ($10)
Presentation by the ever-popular Mashey Bernstein, connecting the art forms of opera in film: Sophia Loren as ‘Aida,’ Ingmar Bergman’s ‘Magic Flute’ and a girl named Carmen, 'Carmen Jones.'
Time TBA, Faulkner Gallery