ON THE COVER: When it comes to addressing global health issues, Direct Relief International is at the forefront of the movement. For the past seven years, the Santa Barbara-based nonprofit has been led by Thomas Tighe, who previously served as chief operating officer for the Peace Corps. Under Tighe’s direction, Direct Relief has provided nearly $800 million in medical aid worldwide. We thought Tighe’s expertise in running a humanitarian healthcare organization made him the perfect candidate to talk with Paul Farmer, the award-winning medical anthropologist and physician who will appear in town on October 22 to discuss his international charity, Partners in Health.
More like this story
- Forbes Ranks Direct Relief 100% Efficient
- Paul Farmer and Thomas Tighe Discuss the Practical Ways to Cure the World
- Disaster Preparedness Here at Home
- Direct Relief Announces Joint Effort with Japanese American Citizens League
- Direct Relief Honored by Santa Barbara County Board of Supervisors with Resolution for Receiving Innovation Award