The S.B. Solstice Workshop—the organization that brings area residents the much-loved, colorful parade bearing its name each June—is in need of equipment donations from the public to help build its colorful floats for this year’s event.
The workshop is in most need of:
• Structural items: Functional used backpack frames (typically used for hiking), bicycle and/or skateboard helmets, baseball caps
Other workshop materials, needed on an ongoing basis
• Craft supplies: Feathers, pipe cleaners, wire
• Sewing/fabric equipment: Safety pins, fabric paints, pinwheels, ribbon, Velcro
• Building materials: PVC pipe, rosin paper, casters, bamboo (over 6 feet in length), drywall screws (various sizes), washers and nuts, long bolts (over 2 inches)
• Tools: Cordless jigsaw (18 volt), cordless skill saw (18 volt), saw blades (various sizes)
Call 965-3396 for drop-off location in downtown S.B. or visit solsticeparade.com for more info.