Celebrate our West Coast marine sanctuaries by photographing the fishies that call the Channel Islands home. Sponsored by National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration and the Sportfishing Conservancy, the National Marine Sanctuaries Classic photo contest’s goal is “to encourage youth and families to experience national marine sanctuaries and foster a sense of stewardship for the marine environment,” according to the press release. Snaps will be accepted through September 3. There will be weekly prizes, participation certificates, and scholarships awarded to the best “kids and family fishing” and “fish released” photos. For more information, visit sportfishingconservancy.com or noaa.gov.
More like this story
- Channel Islands National Marine Sanctuary to Host Fishing Photo Contest
- Free Southern California Best Practices Recreational Fishing Workshop Set For August 10
- Channel Islands Fishing and Photo Contest
- NOAA’S Channel Islands National Marine Sanctuary seeks advisory council applicants
- Marine Sanctuary Seeks Advisory Council Applicants