Holistic Gardener – Online Course
**Events may have been canceled or postponed. Please contact the venue to confirm the event.
Date & Time
Thu, Apr 15 4:00 PM - 7:00 PM
Learn how to create a holistic garden without wasting your energy, effort and time.
April 15 to July 1
Thursdays from 4:00 pm to 7:00 pm
200 years ago, most people lived on farms and produced their own food to eat. Today, less than 2% of people in the US produce food or know the basics of how to. Are you ready for the next wave of food shortages and natural disasters?
* Are passionate about growing your own food and ready to start your backyard homestead,
* Have tried gardening already, and can’t seem to make things grow right,
* Are tired of watching endless youtube videos and want to be confident in your decisions of what seeds to buy, and what actually grows best in your area,
…then join Horticulturist & 15 year Homesteader & Organic Gardener Mary Andrews to learn how to create a holistic garden without wasting your energy, effort and time.
In this 36 hour LIVE ONLINE class we will study polyculture, permaculture & other holistic design principles. Get an easy to follow approach to learn how to create your own sustainable backyard homestead, including integrating fruit & nut trees, herbs & flowers, chickens, drought tolerant plants, and more.
Join us for virtual tours of local farms & homesteads of all sizes, and learn how to turn your own back plot, yard, or balcony into an edible food forest. Learn side by side with your new community of holistic homesteaders and connect to other like-minded people just like you.
What you will learn:
* Learn how to create a Holistic Garden with nature as your partner instead of your enemy.
* Develop a master plan for your space, and know how to utilize all of its design strengths.
* Turn your balcony or property into an edible paradise, and have a step by step guide holding your hand along the way for how to get there.
* Relearn the forgotten skills of our grandmothers & grandfathers.
* Start investing in your own self sufficiency & food security skills.
* Learn how to grow your own food that is free from chemicals, pesticides & herbicides.
* Develop a healthier relationship with your food, the land, and the earth’s natural cycles.
For more details and signup, please visit:
A link will be sent to you before class begins.
If you are interested in learning more about becoming a Holistic Homesteader, this course is part of the Holistic Homesteader Program. If you want to go beyond this class and learn not only how to grow your own food, but design your home to be more green, build a rainwater or greywater system, raise bees or animals for food products, and much more, you can join us for more hands-on classes in the rest of the program.
Visit www.ArtemisiaAcademy.com/workshops to learn more.