• A quarter of all proceeds from the Second Saturday Arts Festival on Saturday, August 13, from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. will benefit Jodi House—which is hosting the event at its downtown headquarters (625 Chapala St.). Jodi House is an organization aimed at helping brain injury patients recover through its supportive programs. Call 563-2882 for more info.
• Area nonprofit Peoples’ Self-Help Housing (PSHH) has determined 356 children (all in grades K-12) that the group serves are in need of school supplies for the upcoming academic year. Four Montecito-area churches have volunteered to assemble backpacks filled with supplies next week—and in conjunction with PSHH, the churches are asking for donations to help pay for the supplies. A $45 donation will stock one of these kids with age-appropriate supplies and gear for the next school year. Contact El Montecito Presbyterian Church at 969-5041 for info on how to contribute.
More like this story
- Four Montecito (M4) Churches Fill 350 Backpacks with School Supplies for Peoples’ Self-Help Housing Youth
- Tools for Success Drive Helps Affordable Housing Builders on the Central Coast!
- Give a Little
- PEOPLES’ SELF-HELP HOUSING FOUNDER JEANETTE DUNCAN RETIRES; BOARDS NAMES PSHH EXECUTIVE VP JOHN FOWLER AS NEW PSHH PRESIDENT/ CEO AND TDG PRESIDENT
- Third Grader Hosts Art Show for Animals