So, kale chips. I’ve tried and tried to match the crunchy, substantial deliciousness of those $1,000-an-ounce crack chips from Whole Foods and finally stumbled upon something close!
So here’s my low-rent, not-quite-crack-but-getting-there kale chip recipe: Combine ½ cup raw, soaked cashews, 1 Tbs. each miso, apple cider vinegar, and tamari, and a pinch of grated ginger in blender, and puree ’til smooth. Set aside. De-stem two bunches of kale; wash and dry thoroughly. Massage (deep tissue-style) with that sauce, and spread onto two lined dehydrator trays. Dehydrate for four hours on 115°F; halfway through, flip over and rotate the trays. And then: yum!
- Camino Real Marketplace in Goleta: 3-6:30pm
- 800 block of Linden Ave. in Carpinteria: 3-6pm
- 1100 and 1200 blocks of Coast Village Rd. in Montecito: 8-11:15am
- Corner of Santa Barbara and Cota sts. in downtown S.B.: 8:30am-1pm
- Camino Real Marketplace in Goleta: 10am-2pm
- 500-600 blocks of State St. in S.B.: 3-6:30pm
- Copenhagen Dr. and 1st St. in Solvang: 2:30-6pm