Download this story to your iPod
How to install
- Click the "Get the story in iPod format" button above.
- You'll be prompted to save a file. Save it to your computer, and unzip it. It should create a folder called "The Santa Barbara Independent".
- Connect your iPod to your computer and mount it as an external drive. On Windows, it should appear in "My Computer." On a Mac, it should appear in your Finder.
- In that drive, open the "Notes" folder and drag the "The Santa Barbara Independent" folder into it. Note: Be careful not to overwrite anything you already have.
How to view
- Turn on your iPod. Go to the main menu, and select "Extras," then "Notes," then "The Santa Barbara Independent". Note: The first time you do this, it might take a short while to load. Don't worry — that'll only happen the first time.
- Navigate through the information by using the scroll wheel and click button. To go back up a level, click the "Menu" button.
- How much space does a story take up?
- Only about 3,000 kilobytes, which is negligible.
- Hey, my iPod doesn't have a "Notes" feature...
- We're sorry, but this only works on relatively new iPods.
- How do I unzip a file?
- First, try double-clicking on the file. If nothing productive happens, download a program such as WinZip (Windows) or Stuffit Expander (Mac).
- How do I remove it from my iPod?
- Just connect your iPod to your computer and mount it, then delete the "The Santa Barbara Independent" folder. It's that easy!