Several Goleta residents voiced their concerns to the Goleta City Council on 11/19 about the delayed project to install pedestrian safety devices at the crosswalk at Cathedral Oaks Road and Santa Marguerita Drive — concerns amplified in the wake of the fatal accident on 11/11 at that intersection. The speakers — many wore yellow, China’s color of mourning, in honor of Beijing native Shuguang Lui, 59, who was killed by an oncoming car while pushing an infant in a stroller across the street — advocated for crosswalk lights and decreased speed limits; the council will hear an update on the project on 12/17. The Sheriff’s Department is still investigating the accident.
More like this story
- Goleta Moves Forward with Pedestrian Safety Improvements
- Few Details Released on Fatal Cathedral Oaks Collision
- Pedestrian Safety Improvements Begin on Goleta Intersection
- Santa Marguerita/Cathedral Oaks Project Completion Celebration Scheduled for Wednesday, March 12 at 10:30 am
- Construction Begins January 16 for Pedestrian Improvements on Cathedral Oaks Road at Santa Marguerita Drive