Ginny Brush, longtime director of the County Arts Commission and a tireless advocate for Santa Barbara public art, announced her retirement plans this week. An accomplished artist in her own right, Brush acted as a respected diplomat when navigating sometimes tricky consultations among various public and private groups. Before her current post, she spent seven years as visual arts coordinator for the city and county. Brush helped develop 1st Thursday, the Pianos on State project, and the free Summer Movies in the Sunken Garden series, among many other events and collaborations.
More like this story
- SB County Art Commission Announces Enrichment Grant Awards
- Wrapping Up 2013's Symposium for the Arts
- Community Arts Enrichment Grant Awards
- Director of MultiCultural Center at UCSB receives 2011 Leadership in the Arts Award
- SANTA BARBARA COUNTY ARTS COMMISSION ANNOUNCES COMMUNITY ARTS ENRICHMENT GRANT AWARD RECIPIENTS