WEATHER »

Comments by mesamike

Previous | Page 2 of 6 | Next

Posted on June 27 at 9:19 a.m.

Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam. Safe journeys amigo. You will be missed.

On Search Underway for Missing Diver Off Channel Islands

Posted on November 7 at 10:39 p.m.

"I think you're contention that this kind of hate crime wouldn't make the national news had it happened in NYC is just... very naive." - Emily

when did they charge anyone with a hate crime?

On Why S.B. Needs S.B.

Posted on November 7 at 10:25 p.m.

kinda funny when all the political shills come out to play their game the night before the election. that's what you folks commenting above are doing right?

On Why S.B. Needs S.B.

Posted on April 4 at 8:46 p.m.

so now surfers are to blame for pollution in the ocean? Any sense of credibility that you may have had is diminishing by each comment that you make. keep pointing fingers, maybe you will get lucky eventually. extremely doubtful at this point.

On Threat of Floatopia Closes IV Beaches

Posted on April 2 at 5:35 p.m.

So the youtube video was fabricated as well, documenting insane amounts of trash right on the tideline and already in the water? Documenting trash on the beach months after the event? Was the assistant professor of ecology at UCSB exaggerating?

More quotes from comments in the original article-

"There are still thousands upon thousands upon thousands of beer cans for more than a mile," he said. "[Clean-up] efforts may have taken care of 20 to 30 percent of trash refuge but the other 70 percent is still out there." -Daily Nexus

"Surfed in their trash Monday and Tuesday. I can't even imagine the stuff that's half submerged and on the bottom.- lordleadbetter."

And just to clarify, I think that all pollution is bad, including sewage leaks, leaky septic tanks, AND excessive amounts of trash that never should have been left on the beach in the first place, which is what this is about right?

On Threat of Floatopia Closes IV Beaches

Posted on April 2 at 2:26 p.m.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Be_AdD...

For anyone that wants to see for themselves.

"The harmful debris from the first floatopia still clutter our beaches almost a month after the event."

On Threat of Floatopia Closes IV Beaches

Posted on April 2 at 2:14 p.m.

OK Pardall, keep on deflecting blame to leaky sewer pipes and septic tanks. Not the point, which I already explained to you once already. The issue was the trash that was, in fact, left on the beach. Go back and read the original article. The trash was left on the beach, and wasn't cleaned up until the day after the event, so your claim that the indy made false assertions is bogus. The trash WAS on the beach and didn't get cleaned up until finally some responsible students organized a clean-up (the day after the event!). By that time the tide had already came in and swept a lot of it out to the ocean. Re-read the comments if you want to keep on thinking that it was "blip on the screen" as you would say. First hand accounts of surfing through trash days after the event. I think this quote says it all -

'Bradley Cardinale, an assistant professor of ecology at UCSB, described Floatopia as “the most egregious events of dumping I have ever seen in this state.”'

So stay in denial all you want. If you actually "hate" seeing trash on the beach like you said in the previous post, then why would you keep on defending this event?

Also, how many students that participated in floatopia actually helped to clean up the day after? My guess would be very few, but I'm asking you, since you claim to know what goes on in IV.

On Threat of Floatopia Closes IV Beaches

Posted on April 1 at 11:19 a.m.

^ You keep bringing up bacteria levels, but the real issue was the TRASH that was in the water for weeks after the event. You don't see that as a problem?

On Threat of Floatopia Closes IV Beaches

Posted on March 31 at 11:34 a.m.

^ so the trash in the ocean weeks later was "nothing"?

On Threat of Floatopia Closes IV Beaches

Posted on May 25 at 1:16 p.m.

@noletaman-

"Even when the Irish and the Catholics were at war in Northern Ireland things never reached that level of barbarity."

Off topic, but I would have to disagree with this. First off, it was mainly loyalist paramilitaries (UDA, UDF) and the british army itself fighting Republican paramilitaries (IRA, INLA), not the Irish and the Catholics at war, as you (maybe mistakenly?) wrote. Maybe I just read that wrong as well? Religion did play a part in the division, as did socio-economic reasons... Not really my point though.

My point is that there were horrible acts of violence committed by both sides of the conflict. </endthreadhijack>

On topic, the comments on this article have been very informative, especially the rather lengthy post by blogulator. In all, they really do illustrate how polarized our society is.

On A Mosque Grows in Goleta

Previous | Page 2 of 6 | Next

event calendar sponsored by: