1) What event is commonly credited as being the catalyst for organizing Earth Day?
• Atmospheric testing of nuclear weapons.
• Evidence of ozone layer depletion.
• A large oil spill off the Santa Barbara coast.
2) The Earth Day flag is a NASA photograph of planet Earth taken from space on which space mission?
• Apollo 8
• Apollo 10
• Apollo 14
3) In 1980, Pope John Paul II proclaimed who the patron saint of ecologists?
• Saint Francis
• Saint Augustine
• Saint Christopher
4) Each Earth Day ceremony at the United Nations marks the ringing of the Peace Bell, which was a gift from which country?
answers: 1. A large oil spill off the Santa Barbara coast; 2. Apollo 10; 3. Saint Francis; 4. Japan.