Fans of presidential hopeful Barack Obama who don’t have extra cash needed to attend this Saturday’s event at Oprah’s Montecito home or have lunch with him at a private Santa Barbara fundraiser will still have the chance to see the Presidential hopeful this weekend. A grassroots rally will be held on the West Campus lawn of Santa Barbara City College, 721 Cliff Drive, at noon on Saturday. Gates open at 10:30 a.m. and a ticket/RSVP is encouraged, but not required.
After the noon rally, Obama will head to the Montecito home of Democratic bigwig Nancy Koppelman for a private fundraiser with roughly 100 people in attendance. Following the luncheon will be the big, highly publicized event at talk show host Oprah Winfrey’s sprawling estate in Montecito. Reportedly 2,000 people will be in attendance, including some high-profile Hollywood celebrities.
Tickets for the rally are free and can be picked up at any of the following locations today or Friday.
– Arlington Theatre Ticket Agency at 1317 State Street, 10 a.m.-9 p.m.
– Art Museum Cafe at 1130 State Street, 11 a.m.-4 p.m.
– Paradise Cafe at 701 Anacapa, 11 a.m.-11 p.m.
– Fresco at 3987 State Street, 8:30 a.m.-9 p.m.
– Chaucer’s Books at 3321 State Street, 9 a.m.-9 p.m.
– Starbucks in Goleta’s Costco Shopping Center, 5:30 a.m.-11 p.m.
– Pierre La Fond at 516 San Ysidro Road in Montecito, 6 a.m.-8 p.m.
To register for the event online, visit the Obama campaign website.