1) Beckmen 2005 Grenache Purísima Mountain Vineyard: A bold, chewy red overflowing with plum, blueberry, caramel, and oak. Blended with a little syrah, it’s nothing short of exceptional.
2) Westerly 2005 Estate Sauvignon Blanc: Westerly and sauvignon blanc are practically synonymous. This is a rich, lemon- and citrus-infused dose of the Santa Ynez Valley.
3) Happy Canyon Vineyard 2004 Barrack Ten Goal: A new standard for bordeaux varietals. A blend of cabernet sauvignon, merlot, and cabernet franc, it scores with flavors of blackberry, raspberry, and spice.
4) Clendenen Family Vineyards 2004 Tocai Friulano: This Italian grape presents flavors of herbs and wildflowers with an elegant backbone. You may have never heard of it, but you’re going to want more.
5) Carhartt 2004 Estate Merlot: With hints of watermelon, cherry, blackberry, nutmeg, and cola, the Carhartts have elevated the merlot stepchild to a beloved family member.