1) Beckmen 2005 Grenache Purísima Mountain Vineyard: A bold,
chewy red overflowing with plum, blueberry, caramel, and
oak. Blended with a little syrah, it’s nothing short of
2) Westerly 2005 Estate Sauvignon Blanc: Westerly and sauvignon
blanc are practically synonymous. This is a rich, lemon- and
citrus-infused dose of the Santa Ynez Valley.
3) Happy Canyon Vineyard 2004 Barrack Ten Goal: A new standard
for bordeaux varietals. A blend of cabernet sauvignon, merlot,
and cabernet franc, it scores with flavors of blackberry,
raspberry, and spice.
4) Clendenen Family Vineyards 2004 Tocai Friulano: This Italian
grape presents flavors of herbs and wildflowers with an elegant
backbone. You may have never heard of it, but you’re going to want
5) Carhartt 2004 Estate Merlot: With hints of watermelon,
cherry, blackberry, nutmeg, and cola, the Carhartts have
elevated the merlot stepchild to a beloved family member.