State Assemblymember Pedro Nava helped direct a $5,000 donation from the Barona Band of Mission Indians to Harding Elementary School to help cover the costs of science equipment. The Barona Band, located in San Diego, operates a casino there. Earlier this year, Nava proved helpful in passing a controversial resolution changing the name of Highway 154 to “the Chumash Highway.” at the behest of the Santa Ynez Chumash.
More like this story
- Santa Ynez Band of Chumash Indians’ Donation Creates Mobile Computer Lab at Lompoc Elementary School
- Comments to Nava's Staff Deemed "Not Threats"
- Santa Ynez Band of Chumash Indians and SYV Youth Recreation Unveil Los Olivos School’s New Tennis Courts
- Chumash Casino Resort’s benefit concert raises $25,000 for Toys For Tots campaign
- Susan Jordan to Run for State Assembly