The Santa Barbara-based Hutton Foundation presented the Cottage Health System (CHS) with $250,000 for the purpose of rebuilding and renovating the three of its facilities. The money will be divided between the three hospitals - $125,000 to Goleta Valley Cottage Hospital, $100,000 to Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital and $25,000 to the Santa Ynez Valley Cottage Hospital. All three hospitals must undergo improvements to meet the requirements for all acute-care hospitals, although neither the state nor federal funds are able to fund the renovations. In a written statement, Hutton Foundation president Thomas Parker said he enjoyed taking steps to better life in the area. “We look forward to watching these projects progress and celebrating their ultimate completion in the near future,” he said.
The Hutton Foundation aims to support the Cottage Health System renovate and upgrade its facilities to help the county get the best hospital healthcare possible. Last year alone the Cottage hospitals provided in-patient care for 21,000 people, treated 62,000 patients through their 24-hour emergency departments, and helped deliver 2,700 newborns.
More like this story
- Hutton Foundation to Support Hospital Renovations
- Chumash Donate $1 Million to Cottage Hospital
- Santa Ynez Valley Cottage Hospital Celebrated New MRI Services with a Ribbon Cutting Ceremony
- Santa Ynez Valley Cottage Hospital Foundation Completes $500,000 Pink Ribbon Campaign
- Fe Bland Donates $1 Million to Cottage Hospital
Maude Kusserow is an Independent intern.