Responding to numerous requests from dog owners, the city’s Animal Control Office will allow Santa Barbara residents to license their pets online beginning August 1. By logging onto PetData Inc. — which is utilized in multiple municipalities nationwide — folks will be able to read about licensing requirements, fee schedules, and answers to frequently asked questions.
For non-computer users, applications with fees can be mailed to PetData Inc. Applications can be picked up at City Hall, Animal Control (at 415 E. Sola Street behind the Fire Station), County Animal Control on Overpass Road, the Santa Barbara Police Department, and at veterinarian’s offices.
Beginning August 1, 2010, the fee schedule for dogs will be as follows:
- One year/regular fee: $54.00
- One year/altered fee: $29.00
- Two year/regular fee: $106.00
- Two year/altered fee: $56.00
- Duplicate tag: $16.00
- One year senior citizen/regular fee: $29.00
- One year senior citizen/altered fee: $16.00
- Two year senior citizen/regular fee: $56.00
- Two year senior citizen/altered fee: $31.00
- All late penalty fees: $28.00