The liquor portion of The Independent’s first ever Sizzling Summer BBQ Contest reaches the final round on Saturday at Harry’s Plaza Café, where five master mixologists will be preparing their drinks for a panel of judges. Once a winner is crowned, then the victorious cocktail will be served at a discounted rate to those who’d like a taste. The public — yes, that means you — is thereby wholeheartedly encouraged and extraordinarily welcomed to come on down to Harry’s Plaza Café from 5 to 6 p.m. this Saturday, May 22, to watch the show and then sip the best.
In the running are:
* The S.B. Kate-tini, a sweet basil-ized vodka drink prepared by Kate Schwab
* The Senorita Susie, a strawberrified tequila drink prepared by Branden Bidwell
* The Cool Hand Cuc, an herbally enhanced cucumber gin drink prepared by Sonny Chehl
* The Hot to Quat, a spicy loquatified vodka drink prepared by Guy Cumberbatch
* The 10 Cane Calienta Cooler, a mango-spice rum drink prepared by Mandy Huffaker
In addition to being hosted by Harry’s Plaza Café, the contest is being sponsored by Chopin Vodka and 10 Cane Rum, so come on down, support our master mixologists, and have a splendid Saturday afternoon.
The Sizzling Summer BBQ Contest’s Cocktail Finals are being held at Harry’s Plaza Café, 3313 State Street, from 5 to 6 p.m. on Saturday, May 22. For more info, email email@example.com.