Santa Barbara Unified is partnering up with the Lawrence Hall of Science at UC Berkeley to boost its elementary Science Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) curriculum. The Wharton Foundation has provided the district with $52,000 to fund three two-day seminars throughout the school year. Lawrence Hall will give resources in the form of planning, professional development, feedback, and advising. Santa Barbara will be the first non–Bay Area district to participate in a STEM initiative led by Lawrence Hall called BaySci.
More like this story
- UC Santa Barbara’s Gevirtz School Awarded $125,000 Grant
- Staci Richard Selected For Albert Einstein 2010-11 Fellowship
- Mobile App Design Camp for Girls Accepting Participants
- Girls Inc. of Carpinteria to Launch Eureka! Summer Program for Girls at UCSB
- Laguna Blanca School Introduces Young Students to Robotics through LEGO