United Way of Santa Barbara County’s Fun in the Sun program, along with a program in Ohio and one in New York, was recognized by the National Summer Learning Association for “demonstrating excellence in accelerating academic achievement and promoting healthy development for low-income young people.” Fun in the Sun works with 250 young people ages 7 to 18 for seven weeks each summer, and draws 500 volunteer mentors.
More like this story
- FITS Wins National Summer Learning Excellence Award
- United Way to Honor Community Partners
- Summer Program Participants Gain +2.1 Grade Levels in 7 Weeks!
- Junior League of SB Hosts 6th Literacy Gala
- SBCC Receives $4 Million Grant to Support Degree Completion and Transfer Requirements for Science, Engineering and Math Majors