- Fire Weather Watch for Catalina Island County, California
- Fire Weather Watch issued December 20 at 9:45AM PST until December 22 at 9:00AM PST by NWS
- Effective: Thursday, December 21, 2017 at 6 a.m.
- Expires: Friday, December 22, 2017 at 9 a.m.
...RED FLAG WARNING IN EFFECT FROM THIS EVENING THROUGH THURSDAY
MORNING FOR GUSTY WINDS AND LOW RELATIVE HUMIDITY OVER THE SANTA
BARBARA COUNTY MOUNTAINS AND SOUTH COAST...
...FIRE WEATHER WATCH IN EFFECT FROM EARLY THURSDAY THROUGH
FRIDAY MORNING FOR GUSTY WINDS AND LOW RELATIVE HUMIDITY OVER
MUCH OF LOS ANGELES AND VENTURA COUNTIES...
.A strong low pressure trough will push into the Great Basin today
with a weak cold front passing through the fire district through
this evening. A moderate to strong Sundowner will develop across
the wind prone areas of southern Santa Barbara County by early
evening, including the Thomas Fire. While humidities start off
rather high, they will drop to the 20 to 35 percent range when
winds are strongest which could produce erratic fire behavior. The
flow will turn northeasterly on Thursday and continue into early
Friday, which will focus the winds over Los Angeles and Ventura
Counties. Humidities will quickly dry into the teens and local
single digits on Thursday along with poor overnight recoveries
Thursday night, then winds will decrease on Friday.
...FIRE WEATHER WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM THURSDAY MORNING
THROUGH FRIDAY MORNING FOR WIND AND LOW RELATIVE HUMIDITY FOR THE
MOUNTAINS OF LOS ANGELES AND VENTURA COUNTIES...
* Winds...Northeast 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 55 mph.
* Relative Humidity...Lowering to 8 to 15 percent with poor
overnight recoveries of 25 to 50 percent.
* Impacts...If fire ignition occurs, conditions are favorable
for extreme fire behavior which would threaten life and
property. Use extreme caution with potential fire ignition