- Fire Weather Watch for San Bernadino County-Upper Colorado River Valley County, California
- Fire Weather Watch issued October 26 at 10:11PM PDT until October 27 at 6:00PM PDT by NWS
- Effective: Friday, October 27, 2017 at 8 a.m.
- Expires: Friday, October 27, 2017 at 6 p.m.
.A slight push of northerly winds is expected down the Colorado
River Valley for much of Friday in response to a shortwave moving
through Utah. The latest guidance has shown a decrease in wind
speeds, and reaching Red Flag criteria looks marginal at best.
However, with a few locations in the lower Colorado River Valley
probably reaching over 20 MPH sustained, dry fuels present and RH
values 8-12 percent, the Fire Weather Watch remains in effect for
zones 101, 229 and 466.
...FIRE WEATHER WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 8 AM PDT /8 AM MST/
FRIDAY THROUGH FRIDAY AFTERNOON FOR STRONG WINDS AND LOW RH FOR
FIRE WEATHER ZONES 101, 229, AND 466...
* AFFECTED AREA...In Arizona...Fire weather zone 101. In
California...Fire weather zone 229. In Nevada...Fire weather
* TIMING...Winds will increase Friday morning, peak mid-day,
then decrease during the afternoon.
* WIND...North 20 to 25 MPH, gusts to 30 MPH.
* HUMIDITY...Dropping to 8-12 percent in the afternoon.
* IMPACTS...Any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.