If you’d rather not face the repercussions of losing one of your kids’ adorable dyed eggs in the linen closet this year, like my family did in Easter of ’98 (we’d sniffed it out by Cinco de Mayo), take the kids down to one of the many community quests this Saturday, so they can hone their hunting skills in time for Sunday morning madness:
• Cambridge Drive Baptist Church, 550 Cambridge Dr., Goleta. Free. 10am. Call 964-0436.
• Chase Palm Park, East Cabrillo Boulevard. Free. 10am. Call 564-5495.
• Elings Park, 1298 Las Positas Rd. Free. 9:30am. Call 569-5611.
• Girsh Park, 7050 Phelps Rd., Goleta. Free. 9am. Call 968-2773.
• S.B. Botanic Garden, 1212 Mission Canyon Rd. $20-$25. 10am-2:30pm. Call 682-4726.