Here is basic info on the fire, courtesy of county spokesperson William Boyer.
2,000 2,500 acres burned
Approximately 100 homes damaged or destroyed
5,446 homes evacuated
More than 500 firefighters
10 injuries from smoke inhalation; 3 burn injuries
The evacuation shelter is at San Marcos High School, at the corner of Turnpike and Hollister. Currently, there are 123 people at shelter. Evacuees with animals can call (805) 681-4332 for information.
The general info line for County Tea Fire Call Center is (805) 681-5197
For road closure information, call (805) 568-3006 or check this Web site.
The Santa Barbara County Public Health Department has closed the Franklin Clinic until further notice. Patients needing to be seen can call the Santa Barbara Clinic at (805) 681-5488 or the Carpinteria Clinic at (805) 560-1050.
The following schools are closed: Marymount of Santa Barbara, Cleveland Elementary School, Cold Spring School, Laguna Blanca Lower Campus, Notre Dame School, All Saints By the Sea Parish, El Montecito School, Starr King Parent Child Workshop, Continuing Education, Providence Hall High School, Anacapa School, Montecito Union School District, The Montecito Family YMCA Preschool and Afterschool, Bishop Garc-a Diego High School, San Roque Middle School & High School, Crane Country Day School, Caesar Chavez School, Franklin Elementary School, and Roosevelt Elementary School
School Events Affected
Santa Barbara High School varsity football game against Ventura High School has been moved to Buena High School in Ventura. The game will start at 6 pm.
Santa Barbara High School’s performance of The Village Fable has been canceled for this evening.
Boys and Girls Club in Santa Barbara on East Canon Perdido is open today for child care assistance .
Mandatory evacuation orders are issued for the following areas:
North of 192 between Hot Springs and Mission Canyon
• All of Sycamore Canyon
• North of 192 between Sycamore Canyon and Gibraltar Road
• Hot Springs (eastern boundary) to Tunnel Road (western boundary) from Hwy 192 at Hot Springs to Barker Pass to Alameda Padre Sierra (southern boundary) to Camino Cielo (northern boundary)
• Both sides of Tunnel Road above Montrose
• Only residents on the east side of Tunnel Road below Montrose
• Residents on Gibraltar Road above the west fork of the Cold Springs Trail should evacuate to the north via Camino Cielo. Residents below the west fork should evacuate to the south.
Evacuation warnings issued for these areas:
• North of 192 from Hot Springs Road east to San Ysidro Road
• Mission Canyon north of Foothill Road to Tunnel Road, west on Foothill to Ontare Road, Ontare north of Foothill Road
• Boardered on the north by Alameda Padre Serra, on the east by Montecito Street to Milpas, Milpas to Anapamu, Anapamu to Laguna, and Laguna to Los Olivos, and Los Olivos to Alameda Padre Serra