(From County JIC Release; UPDATE below)
Jesusita Fire Fact Sheet as of May 10, 2009 at 9:00 am
• 8,733 acres burned
• 55% contained
• Damage assessment in progress initial estimate of 31 homes destroyed, 47 homes have been damaged and 2 outbuildings destroyed
• Approximately 140 properties evacuated (mandatory evacuation orders); affects approx. 350 people
• More than 3,850 properties under evacuation warning; approx. 9,625 people affected
• Residences threatened 3,500; commercial properties threatened 100
• 4,543 personnel on scene: 509 engines, 109 crews
• 5 air tankers and 15 helicopters
• 18 firefighter injuries to date
• Cause under investigation: Tip line 805-686-5074
• Air quality warning remains in effect
• Estimated costs to date $7.4 million
• Expected containment 5/13/09
Effective at 10:00am :The current mandatory evacuation orders in effect have been downgraded to an evacuation warning except for the following areas:
• Tunnel Road North of Montrose, Palamino Road North of Williams Way, San Roque North of the Water Treatment Plant.
• East and West Camino Cielo
• Gibraltar Road North of El Cielito
• The area bordered by Highway 154 North on Painted Cave, to Camino Cielo, Camino Cielo to Hwy 154, Hwy 154 to Painted Cave.
Except for the above specific areas residents of the previous mandatory evacuation order areas may return to their homes and businesses. Please remember that an evacuation warning still exists in the following areas:
Hot Springs North extending to Camino Cielo, East Valley to Sycamore Canyon, Sycamore Canyon to Stanwood, Stanwood to Foothill, Foothill to Hwy 154 continuing on Cathedral Oaks to Patterson Avenue, Patterson Avenue to San Jose Creek extending to Camino Cielo.
Returning residents and business owners are cautioned to remain are of the potential for an evacuation order on short notice.
Hwy 154 between Calle Real and Paradise Road remains closed except for emergency vehicle traffic only.
• Highway 154 is closed at US Highway 101
• Road Closure Hotline 805-568-3006
Evacuation Shelter Location:
• Multi-Activity Center
UC Santa Barbara at Mesa and Ocean Roads
Key Phone Numbers:
• County Jesusita Fire Call Center 805-681-5197
• Evacuation Shelter (Red Cross) 687-1331
• Animal Services Hotline 805-681-4332
Everyone is advised to conserve water.
All residents who are re-entering the Evacuation Warning areas are advised that the water supply is safe to drink.
When cleaning up, avoid washing the retardant to the street storm drains. Wash to a landscaped or turf area instead.
Public information kiosks have been set up at the following locations:
• Santa Barbara
o Paseo Nuevo (State and De La Guerra Streets)
o Loreto Plaza (State Street and Las Positas Road)
o Scolari’s Food Co. (222 North Milpas Street)
o Lazy Acres (302 Meigs Road)
o 1400 Block of East Valley Road (Lower Village), Montecito, CA
o Starbucks @ Camino Real, 7030 Camino Real Marketplace, Goleta, CA 93117
Animal Shelter Locations:
• Large animals: Earl Warren Showgrounds, 3400 Calle Real Santa Barbara
• Small animals: Call the Animal Services Hotline – 805-681-4332
• City of Santa Barbara website at www.SantaBarbaraCA.gov
• County of Santa Barbara website at www.CountyofSB.org.
• CityTV Channel 18
• County of Santa Barbara TV Channel 20
• KEYT-TV Channel 3
• FM: KCSB-91.9; KSYV-96.7; KTYD-99.9; KSBL-101.7; KRAZ-105.9
• AM: KTMS-990; KZSB-1290; KUHL-1410; KINF-1440
• Spanish language FM stations KSPE-94.5 and KIST-107.7
County Calle Real Campus Re-Opening
Employees Return Monday, May 11th, 2009
The Evacuation order has been lifted for the Calle Real area including the campus of County offices for the Public Health Department, Alcohol Drug & Mental Health Services, Department of Social Services, Agriculture Commissioner’s Office, etc.
All clinics and other services at the Calle Real site will be able to accept clients and patients at regularly scheduled hours.
All County employees are directed to return to their normal work site on Monday, May 11th, 2009