House Fire Breaks Out in Montecito

A small fire originating in a basement mechanical room of a home at 1165 Summit Road on 6/28 caused about $10,000 worth of damage, according to the Montecito Fire Protection District. Firefighters contained the blaze to an area of about 200 square feet after responding to a call from a resident just after 1 p.m. No one was injured. According to fire officials, the structure was built in the early 1900s.


Please note this login is to submit events or press releases. Use this page here to login for your Independent subscription

Not a member? Sign up here.