Sponsored by the Los Alamos Valley Men’s Club (LAVMC)—a local all-volunteer philanthropic membership group open to men, women and families—dedicated to preserving the town’s unique character and hospitality and providing scholarships and funding to local students and organizations. The parade and festivities attracted an estimated 3,000 or more people to the community today according to organizers.
The Parade Grand Marshall was William “Bill” Caldera, Jr. of Los Alamos; Parade Coordinators were Julie Moore and Mary Lou Noll; Announcer was Laura Kath; and Parade Judges were three anonymous members of the LAVMC.
2012 Los Alamos Old Days 66th Annual Parade Winners are:
1. Float—Civic Organization: Lompoc Shrine Club
2. Float—Commercial: Casa Dumetz/Babi’s Tasting Room
3. Float—Youth Group: Righetti High School FFA (Future Farmers of America)
4. Equestrian—Youth: Los Charros del Rio Grande
5. Equestrian—Adult: Charros Del Pacifico (Mexican Rodeo Team)
6. Equestrian–Animal-Drawn Vehicle: McCormick Demcon, Inc. (Carriage made in Canada)
7. Automobile/Motorized Equipment—Antique: 1949 International Fire Truck restored by the Los Alamos Community Services District
8. Automobile/Motorized Equipment—Classic: 1948 Buick Roadmaster Convertible owned by the Thompson family; conveying the Grand Marshall William “Bill” Caldera
9. Automobile/Motorized Equipment—Tractor: Merrill Family featuring a John Deere Tractor & Trailer plus a Kubota RTV.
10. Automobile/Motorized Equipment—Farm/Ranch: 1949 Farmall Cub Tractor owned by Charles A. Kelli
11. Military: “California Hundred,” Company A, 2nd Massachusetts Volunteer Cavalry re-enactors
12. Clowns: Santa Maria Elks Lodge 1538 Clowns
13. Musical: Charros Los Tequileros
14. Novelty: Olga Reed School of Los Alamos
For further information on the Los Alamos Valley, please visit click here .