WHAT: Science Fair & Science Night: A Celebration of Discovery – a FREE EVENT for the community
WHEN: Wednesday, March 20, 2013, 6:00 – 8:00pm
WHERE: 431 Flora Vista Drive, Santa Barbara
WHY: Monroe Elementary School welcomes the community to attend the annual Science Night: A Celebration of Discovery.
Join us for “A celebration of discovery” at the Monroe Science Fair and Science Night. Everyone is welcome! Monroe students’ Science Fair projects will be on display in the cafeteria 6pm-8pm, Monroe PTA will be selling Giovanni’s Pizza and drinks in the library courtyard from 6-7pm.
This event is FREE and open to the public and features exhibitors including:
– Santa Barbara Astronomical Unit will bring telescopes, meteorites and more to share with students and parents. (http://www.sbau.org)
– Sensational Pets will bring live animals and insects. (http://sensationalpets.tumblr.com/)
– UCSB Materials Research Group will bring hands-on activities to inspire inquiry into Materials Science related topics and emphasize the fascinating nature of science. Students and parents will explore the world of materials in different stations presented by MRL graduate students while learning about present and future applications. (http://www.mrl.ucsb.edu)
– UCSB Molecular, Cellular & Developmental Biology will bring microscopes and some amazing model organisms. (http://www.mcdb.ucsb.edu/news/2012/molecular-cellular-and-developmental-biology-outreach-programs)
– Raytheon will bring an infared camera. (http://www.raytheon.com/businesses/ncs/rvs/index.html)
– City of Santa Barbara Water Resources Division will bring information on water conservation and resources.(www.santabarbaraca.gov/waterwise)