March 2014 data shows that Santa Barbara’s unemployment rate sits at 6.7 percent, lower than last month’s figure of 7.2 percent, as well as California’s rate of 8.4 percent. Since March 2013, employment in the county rose by 2,300 jobs, and in the past month, all industries have either increased their job force or remained stable with no change.
More like this story
- Lower Unemployment Rates and Job Gains for County
- Unemployment Rate in Santa Barbara County Increases to 7.2 Percent for the Month of January 2014
- No jobs lost in March in Santa Barbara County, as industry sectors gain 3,100 new positions for the month
- Unemployment Rates Reach Pre-Recession Levels
- County Gains 3,100 Jobs in March