- Wind Advisory for Modoc County County, California
- Wind Advisory issued February 24 at 6:54AM PST until February 24 at 10:00PM PST by NWS
- Effective: Saturday, February 24, 2018 at 6:54 a.m.
- Expires: Saturday, February 24, 2018 at 10 p.m.
...WIND ADVISORY NOW IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 PM PST THIS EVENING...
* Winds...West to northwest 25 to 35 mph with gusts to 50 mph
* Blowing snow...Areas of blowing snow and reduced visibility
are expected, especially in higher terrain and in exposed
* Timing...Winds increase this morning and wind speeds peak this
* Locations include...Highway 140 between Dairy and Beatty,
Highway 31 between Lakeview and Silver Lake to include Paisley
and Summer Lake, Highway 139 to include Tulelake, and Highway
299 at Cedar Pass.
* Impacts...Driving will become difficult, for all vehicles
during periods of blowing snow and reduced visibility, and
especially for high profile vehicles due to windy conditions.
* View the hazard area in detail at
A Wind Advisory means that winds of 35 mph are expected with
higher gusts possible. Winds this strong can make driving
difficult, especially for high profile vehicles. Use extra