Majority interest in The Habit Restaurants, Inc., a 21-restaurant chain formerly known as Hamburger Habit, has been sold to an investment group led by Karp Reilly. Brothers Brent and Bruce Reichard, who purchased the original Goleta restaurant in 1980, still maintain sole control of their three Habit restaurants in Santa Barbara and Goleta, with a fourth due to open at La Cumbre Plaza early next year. They also maintain 20 percent interest in the chain while Reilly, who has also invested in the Elephant Bar, Ale House, Mimi’s Cafe, and other chains, controls the remaining 80 percent.


Please note this login is to submit events or press releases. Use this page here to login for your Independent subscription

Not a member? Sign up here.