A trash bin fire scorched a Goleta house located on 4511 Auhay Drive on 2/12. Eighteen firefighters extinguished the fire about 30 minutes after their arrival on the scene. Despite the home’s lack of a functional smoke detector, no one was hurt. The County Fire Department will be giving tours of the burnt home on 2/23 and 2/24 in order to educate the public about fire safety.


Please note this login is to submit events or press releases. Use this page here to login for your Independent subscription

Not a member? Sign up here.