Looking for something fun and a little different to do with the kids this weekend? Every Saturday and Wednesday, Art From Scrap (302 E. Cota St.), an organization that helps you look at things you might throw away in a totally different light, has a differently themed workshop where you, your little one, and friends of all ages can construct creative works of art! Workshops are only $6 a person, and here’s their schedule for the rest of the summer:
- July 26: Hangin’ Out with Art on the Walls, with Guest Artist Bill McVicar
- Aug. 2: Cocooning
- Aug. 9: Underwater Creatures, with Guest Artist Chloe Gray
- Aug. 16: Automata-Things That Move
- Aug. 23: Dream Boxes: Cigar Box Dioramas
- July 30: There’s an Elephant on My Head!
- Aug 6: Magnanimous Masks
- Aug 13: Theatres of the Absurd
Children younger than five must have adult supervision. Call 884-0459 or visit artfromscrap.org for more info.