Take Your Shot
Vaccination Clinics for Whooping Cough / Pertussis
In response to the Whooping Cough/Pertussis epidemic in California, the Santa Barbara County Public Health Department is providing Whooping Cough/Pertussis vaccinations to individuals 7 years and older, with a focus on children and adults who take care of and live with infants. The Lompoc Public Health Care Center is offering Whooping Cough/Pertussis vaccinations on a walk-in basis during a special Thursday clinic time. Other locations also offer vaccination clinic hours for Whooping Cough/Pertussis and a variety of vaccine preventable diseases.
Peter Hasler, Medical Director for the Public Health Department stated, “All residents should make sure they are up to date with their Pertussis vaccination. However, it is particularly important for adults and children who take care of and live with infants under one year of age to receive their Pertussis vaccination as a way of protecting those infants.”
Childhood and adult immunizations are available at Public Health Department locations throughout Santa Barbara County. Persons assigned to a Medi-Cal provider should seek immunization services from that provider. Immunizations are currently available at:
– Carpinteria 931 Walnut Avenue; Phone – 560-1050; Friday: 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm
– Santa Maria 2115 S. Centerpointe Pkwy.; Phone – 346-8410; Wednesday: 1:30 pm – 4:30 pm Fridays: 9:30 am – 11:30 am and 1:30 pm – 4:30 pm
– Franklin 1136 East Montecito Street; Phone – 568-2099; Tuesday: 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm
– Cuyama 4711 Highway 166; Phone (661) 766-2558; Call for appointment.
– Lompoc 301 North “R” Street, Door B; Phone – 737-6400 Tuesday: 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm, by appointment. Thursday: 8:30 – 11:30 am (for new Pertussis vaccinations only, ages 7 years or older) – no appointment needed
The vaccination clinics will be held on a weekly basis. Any changes in the vaccination schedule will be posted on the Public Health Department website or may be confirmed via phone at the Health Center as noted.