This notice is being re-released to address any lingering confusion on how to obtain a dog license for Santa Barbara City residents.
Effective August 1, 2010, the licensing process will be handled by Petdata, Inc.. PetData Inc. was chosen because they proved themselves capable of administrating dog licensing at a reduced cost. This decision was made in full cooperation with City Animal Control. The most effective way to obtain licensing is on-line through their website.
Many dog owners requested the convenience of on-line licensing. PetData Inc has successfully managed dog licensing for municipalities nationwide. For non-computer users, applications and license fees can be mailed directly to PetData Inc. Applications can be found at City Hall, County Animal Control on Overpass Road, Santa Barbara Police Department, and at veterinarian’s offices. As of August 1, 2010, the fee schedule for dog licensing is as follows:
• One year/regular fee: $54.00
• One year/altered fee: $29.00
• Two year/regular fee: $106.00
• Two year/altered fee $56.00
• Duplicate tag: $16.00
• One year senior citizen/regular fee: $29.00
• One year senior citizen/altered fee: $16.00
• Two year senior citizen/regular fee: $56.00
• Two year senior citizen/altered fee: $31.00
• All late penalty fees $28.00
The Santa Barbara City Animal Control thanks all dog owners for adjusting to this change