Mary Harris, Executive Director of the Santa Ynez Valley Visitors Association has announced the results of the recent board of directors election for the non-profit organization of more than 120 members promoting year-round tourism in the Valley communities of Ballard, Buellton, Los Alamos, Los Olivos, Santa Ynez, and Solvang.
2010-12 SYVVA Officers:
* President: John Kochis, General Manager, Bridlewood Estate Winery, Santa Ynez
* Vice-President: Thomas O’Higgins, Owner, Wine Country Home, Los Olivos
* Treasurer: Sherry Thore, CPA, Owner, Sherry Thore CPA, Buellton
* Secretary: Dorothy Brunton, Co-owner, Tastes of the Valleys Wine Bar, Solvang
* Immediate Past-President: Douglas Ziegler, Owner, Santa Ynez Inn, Santa Ynez
SYVVA is also welcoming three new board members:
* Chris Bashforth, Executive Director, Santa Ynez Valley Historical Museum, Santa Ynez
* Sandra Hallmann, General Manager of Wine Valley Inn & Cottages, Solvang
* Carlos Lopez-Hollis, Owner of Dos Carlitos Restaurant & Tequila Bar, Santa Ynez
Returning board members are Maria Centrella (Marketing Director, PCPA Theatrefest, Solvang); Wayne Hurte (Executive Director of Marketing, Chumash Casino Resort, Santa Ynez); and Bent Olsen (Owner of Solvang Inn & Cottages, Olsen’s Danish Village Bakery and Red Viking Restaurant, Solvang).