On Tuesday, October 26, the Santa Barbara Human Resources Association will hold its annual conference and vendor exposition at the Fess Parker Doubletree Resort Santa Barbara. Human Resources professionals and others who are interested in human resources issues are invited to attend.
Keynote speaker Brad Starr of Partners in Leadership, Inc. will lead a thought provoking discussion focused on achieving results critical to a company’s future through developing a culture of accountability in the workplace. Starr’s discussion will concentrate on the book Journey to the Emerald City: Achieve a Competitive edge by Creating a Culture of Accountability by Roger Connors and Tom Smith. Each attendee will receive a free copy of the publication. Based on The Oz Principle® Accountability Training,® the discussion will provide managers, supervisors, and human resource professionals a new mindset that focuses on future action rather than on placing “blame” and “excuse-making.”
Conference participants will also have the opportunity to attend engaging sessions about social networking, best legal practices, investment, leadership and many other topics of interest to professionals interested in enhancing workplace accountability.
Other featured speakers include:
* Aaron Heisler, Associate, Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton, LLP – Charting Your Course: Social Networking
* Sara Caputo, Radiant Organizing – The Productivity Puzzle
* Autumn Lowry, Business Controls, Inc. – Investigation Techniques & Litigation Avoidance
* Frank Alcorn, Dimension Wealth Education Institute – How Financially Literate Employees Can Impact Return On Investment
* Jo-Anne Smith & Rick Hernandez, Provancement, Inc. – Career Resiliency For The HR Professional
* Jack Smalley, Express Pro Professionals – Top 10 Leadership Mistakes